Vacancy: Public Relations Manager
Blantyre City Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Public Relations Manager as follows;
Public Relations Manager (Three Year Fixed Term contract)
In line with Terms and Conditions of Service for Blantyre City Council
Bachelors’ Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication Plus two years’ proven relevant working experience. Those with a Diploma in Journalism or Mass Communication should have four years relevant working experience
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Services, the Public Relations Manager performs the following duties:-
- Acts as a mouth piece for the Council on all issues.
- Facilitates production of the Council’s brochures and magazine to promote awareness on the Council’s services and activities
- Organises and coordinates press briefings on behalf of the Council
- Develops annual public relations plans and related budget for the council
- Identifies and analyzes internal information on Activities and projects being undertaken by the council and make meaningful presentations to the residents
- Compiles monthly reports for the section
- Submits proposals on how the Council’s image could be improved.
- Advises the Council on matters relating to public relations.
- Coordinates Council functions
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
- A self-starter with proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
Applications with copies of certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be sent to
The Acting Chief Executive Officer
Blantyre City Council
Private Bag 67
Applications to reach him not later than Friday, 9th December, 2022