LILONGWE: Blantyre City Council is a beneficiary of the just ended Malawi Investment Forum. The Council has reached a preliminary understanding by signing MOU with the China-Zambia and China-Tanzania Friendly Cultural Exchange Programme for the joint implementation of 11 projects. The projects are as follows:
- Construction and of a modern High Way from Blantyre Central Business District (CBD) to Chileka International Airport via Mbayani, Chemusa, Chirimba and Kameza Townships.
- Construction of a modern multi storey parkade in Blantyre City
- Construction of a Building Materials Market
- Establishment of Taxi Company in Blantyre City
- Establishment of Brick Manufacturing Company in Blantyre City
- Exploring the possibility of establishing a Television Channel for common use and television programmes exchange
- Construction of Park Station/Bus Terminal in Blantyre City
- Improving Public Transport System—Introducing a City Bus Service
- Improving urban sewer system and sewage treatment
- Improving City street lighting
- Development of Residential Buildings in Blantyre City.
The Memorandum of Understanding signing ceremony that took place on Tuesday at Bingu International Conference Centre in Lilongwe. The Mayor Noel Chalamanda and Acting Chief Executive Officer Dr Alfred Chanza signed on behalf of the Council.