The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancy existing at Blantyre City Council:
POST : Assistant Director of Legal Services-Enforcement
GRADE : M4/F
Bachelor of Law Degree obtained from a reputable and recognized University.
EXPERIENCE : A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a legal practitioner.
Reporting to the Director of Legal Services, the Assistant Director of Legal Services-Enforcement, responsible for the following:
- Provides legal advice to the Council.
- Initiates legal processes towards enforcing the Council’s By-Laws.
- Assists in drafting and revising of City-by-laws.
- Assists in the management of all Council’s contract documents.
- Assists in supervising Council management drafting and enforcement of all contracts.
- Supports the Legal Services Director in handling litigation matters.
- Supervises Assistant Legal Officers and Legal Clerks
- Takes lead in the investigation and prosecution of offences against the City by laws.
- Designs and implement training programs for the City Police
The person must be:
- An effective communicator
- A team player
- Results oriented.
- Able to manage himself/herself.
The person must have sound knowledge of Malawian law and Administrative law.
- Analytical and possess legal drafting skills
- Communication skills with the ability to argue clearly and logically in written and oral form
All applications with copies of relevant certificates and detailed CVs should be addressed to the following address
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O Box 776
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, 24th November 2023.