Blantyre City Council is a local authority under the Ministry of Local Government as enshrined in the Local Government Act (1998). Amongst its many mandates, provision of city services and promotion of local governance and development stand out as critical for the social-economic development of the city.
Makata Bus Depot formerly occupied by National Bus Company was recently handed over to Blantyre City Council. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT Blantyre City Council will receive Expressions of interest (Proposals) from Registered Firms / Companies to run or operate businesses on its premises located in Makata Industrial Area formerly occupied by National Bus Company on rental basis. Proposals clearly marked, “MAKATA DEPOT NY487 PROPOSAL” must be delivered to The Chief Executive Officer, Private Bag 67, Blantyre, Civic Centre, Kasungu Crescent by 16.00 hours on Friday, 29th September 2023.
FEATURES OF THE DEPOT:
1. PARKING SPACE
- The Depot has a Parking Space that is approximately 7,691.76m2.
- The parking space is one of concrete, conducive for industrial traffic load and the depot has adequate access for industrial traffic loads.
2. SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE FACILITIES FOR VEHICLES
- The depot has Steel structure supported shed and is divided into compartments for various facilities.
- The depot has; a spray painting bay with an area of 134.68m2, inspection pits/bays, a weighing bay, underground fuel storage tanks with provision of pumps
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Submit five (5) copies of your Proposal. It should be understood that the final fee will be negotiated with Blantyre City Council. The proposals which best meet the City’s needs will be selected for further analysis and negotiation. Blantyre City Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion during the selection process, to reject any or all proposals or any portion without exception or explanation.
Companies interested to view the premises should contact Mr A.Mpinganjira on 0996797915 or Mr Sekani Gondwe on 0999219115