The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancy existing at Blantyre City Council:
POST : Estates Management Officer
GRADE : M7/S2
SALARY : Within the Grade M7 salary scale
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The candidate must have a minimum of a degree in either of the following: Estates Management, Housing, Land Administration, Valuation, Land Law or equivalent and must be eligible for Membership of the Surveyors Institution of Malawi (SIM) and have at least three years professional land administration experience.
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following duties: –
- Assists in managing and providing supervision to officers working in six different estates offices within the jurisdiction of the city council.
- Assists in coordinating the valuation of Council property and all other property for insurance and rating purposes respectively.
- Provides technical assistance in the maintenance and management of the Council’s land property portfolio.
- Assists in the management the existing low income housing areas (Traditional Housing Areas, THAs).
- Provides technical support in the identification and planning for the development of new low income and other housing areas.
- Coordinates the upgrading of unplanned settlements.
- Maintains up to date land information making the best use of computer systems.
- Assists in the determination of land values and Council fixed assets for investments.
- Conducts feasibility studies for new Estates development (Residential, commercial and industrial)
- Processes lease for various Council property.
- And any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Conflict management skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
All applications with copies of relevant certificates and detailed CVs should be addressed to the following address
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O Box 776
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, 24th November 2023.