The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancy existing at Blantyre City Council:
POST : Director of Commerce and Industry
GRADE : M2
Bachelor’s degree in marketing/ business administration plus a Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification from reputable and recognized University. A Master’s degree will have an added advantage.
AGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must be matured individuals over 35 years of age with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a relevant job. Previous working experience in Marketing in a managerial position is a MUST. Experience in Client Relationship Management is also a MUST.
Draft, drive and implement commercial strategy, to achieve revenue targets and investment opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Director of Commerce and Industry is responsible for the following:
- Undertakes that day to day management of the Council’s business portfolio.
- Devises initiatives to improve and expand the Council’s revenue-base.
- Develops the Council’s commercial institutional capacity by among other things developing policies in line with the Council’s commercial undertakings.
- Promotes business investments in the city.
- Plans, develops and implements commercial strategies based on company goals and objectives with the main goal of supporting growth
- Collaborates with, and coordinates and trains diverse teams such as marketing, commercial and licensing staff
- Establishes and manages long-term business relations with stakeholders.
- Provides technical advice to relevant working committees.
- Provides leadership in the development and management of the Council’s QVR
- Develops and controls the Commercial department’s annual budget.
The person must demonstrate the following:
- In-depth knowledge of market analysis and metric
- Hands on experience in creating, reporting and managing budgets.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
All applications with copies of relevant certificates and detailed CVs should be addressed to the following address
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O Box 776
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, 24th November 2023.