The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancies existing at Blantyre City Council:
POST : Director of Health and Social Services
GRADE : M2
SALARY : In line with Terms and Conditions of Service for Blantyre City Council
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Candidates should have a Degree in Medicine or Surgery. Serving officers must be Chief Environmental Health Officers (Grade M4/F) with a Master’s Degree in either Environmental Health Management, or Public Health with not less than seven (7) years progressive experience at that level.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties: –
- Undertakes the day-to-day administration and management of the department.
- Ensures that critical positions in the Council are timely filled and preparation of annual budgets for the department.
- Guides the Council on national health policies and ensure the implementation of the policies at local level.
- Appraises the Council on environmental health, social welfare and family health services activities.
- Advises the Council through appropriate Council Committee on health services.
- Designs plans for the prevention and control of infectious diseases in the city
- Ensures the effective and smooth running of all the Council’s Health centres, nursery schools, community centre in the city.
- Represents the Council on various local or international health forums.
- Manages stakeholder relations on health-related issues.
- Supervises staff in the department.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Highly analytical and results oriented.
- An excellent communicator with team building and supervisory skills.
- Ability to lead multiple and diverse teams.
- Conversant with national health legal frameworks and policies
All applications with copies of relevant certificates and detailed CVs should be addressed to the following address
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O Box 776
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, 24th November 2023.