Blantyre City Council is inviting applications for the position of Laboratory Technician
Ref : BCC/VACS/ADC/125/2023/7
Position : Laboratory Technician
Reporting : Sewarage Engineer
Grade : M9/S4
Salary : In line with Terms and Conditions of Services for Blantyre City Council
QUALIFICATIONS : Diploma in Biomedical Sciences from a recognized institution
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and carries out diagnostic laboratory tests.
- Operates and maintains standard laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters.
- Takes precise and accurate notes of experiments and their results and sometimes interprets or presents those results to senior colleagues.
- Prepares specimens and samples.
- Supervises experiments as they run.
- Cleans lab equipment and keeps it in serviceable condition.
- Carries out routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Ensures the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and properly labelled.
- Follows strict safety procedures and safety checks
- Liaises with laboratory suppliers as required
Applications with copies of certificates should be sent to
Appointments and Disciplinary Committee
Blantyre City Council
Private Bag 67
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 30th June 2023.