Blantyre City Council is inviting applications for the position of Landfill Foreman
Ref : BCC/VACS/ADC/125/2023/6
Vacancy : Landfill Foreman
Reporting to : Landfill Engineer
Grade : M10/S5
Salary : In line with Terms and Conditions of Services for Blantyre City Council
Applicants must have a Certificate in Construction from a recognized institution with a minimum of four (4) years supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, directs and supervises the work of a large crew, engaged at the evacuation of landfill sites, placement of solid waste, compaction, and covering of daily disposed refuse at a sanitary landfill site;
- Enforces state regulations regarding landfill operations;
- Supervises the collection of funds for recycling purposes;
- Supervises and participates in safety training programs;
- Exercises responsibility for the completion of time sheets, activity reports, accident and injury reports, and equipment condition reports;
- Analyzes causes of equipment breakdowns to ensure prompt attention to maintenance and repair needs and coordinates activities with the maintenance shop to attain maximum availability of crawler tractors, scrapers, compactors, motor graders, water tankers, and other equipment used in landfill operations.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrates superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity
Applications with copies of certificates should be sent to
Appointments and Disciplinary Committee
Blantyre City Council
Private Bag 67
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 30th June 2023.