Position: Principal Systems Analyst (Grade M4/F)
Applicants must be in possession of a Bsc in Computer Science/Information Technology from a reputable training institution with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a large organization.
Performs highly specialized and complex information systems analysis and design tasks, and provides technical leadership in IT strategic planning, business automation planning, business process improvement and application development.
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Services, the Principal Systems Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Formulation of Council’s IT Policies
- Managing the Council’s IT System
- Developing and implementing budgets for the IT Section
- Planning periodic IT audits for the Council
- Developing and implementing plans to ensure the council’s network continues to operate smoothly in the event of a problem
- Working closely with other departmental Managers to assess the growth needs and maintenance of the company’s network
- Developing and recommending appropriate IT packages for Council operations.
- Providing resource support for the user in the Council’s departments.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage relations with clients
- Results oriented
Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Council’s website bccmw.com.
All applications should be addressed to the following address
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O Box 776
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 23rd June 2023.