Position: Marketing and Business Development Officer (Grade I/M7)
Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor of Business Administration/Social Science/ Marketing /Public Administration/Accounting or any related qualification from reputable and recognized University. Three years’ experience in similar or related role is a must.
Responsible for overseeing the implementation of business development strategies to heighten the Council’s revenue collection as well as identifying investment opportunities to pursue and creating business proposals to support investment ideas.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Commerce and Industry – Marketing and Business Development, he / she will be responsible for:
- Assist in managing and updating the Council’s business entities
- Assist in the development, implementation and interpretation of marketing strategies
- Assist in promoting business investments in the city
- Assist in managing stakeholder relations
- Handle investment leads
- An effective negotiator and able to build relationships
- Attention to detail
- Conversant with the Malawi Trade and Investment
- Policy Framework
- Project management
- Networking skills
Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Council’s website bccmw.com.
All applications should be addressed to the following address
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O Box 776
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 23rd June 2023.