Blantyre City Council is inviting applications for the position of Sewere Inspector.
Ref : BCC/VACS/ADC/125/2023/1
Position : Sewer Inspector (1 position)
Grade : M9/S4
Reporting to: Sanitation Engineer
A full Malawi Schools Certificate of Education plus a TEVET Level 3 Certificate in Plumbing or an Advanced Craft Certificate in Plumbing with a minimum of five (5) years’ demonstrable experience in a related industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects new sewer installations for tightness of joints and pitch of pipe, type of materials used and method of installation;
- Inspects repair works on old sewer lines and the disconnection of lines, due to the condition or removal of buildings;
- Inspects asphalt works, excavation and backfilling of soil; Records location of bends in pipes and location of clean outs;
- Keeps file records of dates and time of inspections;
- Updates public sewer maps showing new public installations;
- Prepares and submits reports concerning sewer applications and inspections; Investigates and reports on public complaints.
Applications with copies of certificates should be sent to
Appointments and Disciplinary Committee
Blantyre City Council
Private Bag 67
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 30th June 2023.