Blantyre City Council is inviting applications for the position of Landfill Technician
Ref : BCC/VACS/ADC/125/2023/5
Position : Landfill Technician
Reporting to : Landfill Engineer
Grade : M9/S4
Salary : In line with Terms and Conditions of Services for Blantyre City Council
A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised institution plus a full Malawi School Certificate of Education with strong credit passes in Chemistry/Physical Science and Mathematics. Those with any relevant qualification /certificates in a related field will have an added advantage.
Two (2) or three (3) years considerable experience in the operation of motorized equipment; and must possess and maintain a Driver’s License and a minimum of two (2) years of driving experience after issuance of license.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates with some supervision all landfill equipment to include: front-end loader, backhoe, dozer, trash compactors and dump truck and any other related equipment;
- Completes daily maintenance checks and prepares required documentation;
- Services and makes minor repairs and adjustments on equipment;
- Directs traffic or serves as a spotter at the landfill;
- Assists with waste inspections; and,
- Assists with mulching, and tire shredding operations.
Applications with copies of certificates should be sent to
Appointments and Disciplinary Committee
Blantyre City Council
Private Bag 67
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 30th June 2023.